Monday, January 19, 2009

Doctor's Report

Okay so I went to the knee doctor.

Good news: Everything is coming along well. I can now do some weight machines and the arc trainer and elliptical machines.

What about running you ask?

Me: "When will I be able to run?"
Doctor: "at least a year."
Me: "Do you mean jogging or training? Well you told me your wife is a runner and you understand runner types, so what are the options?"
Doctor: "This is what I would tell my wife. It is best not to run at all. She would say that doesn't work. Then I would say bike, swim and deep water run. Enter mini triathons a couple of times a year and you can run in those for the competition."
Me: "That doesn't really sound good either."
Doctor: "Okay start on treadmill and run a mile take a couple of days off and try another mile. If the knee does okay progress from there but listen to your body. But the knee will last longer if you don't run."

Me: "My knee may last but my mind and the rest of my body will be in so much rebellion. They will have to institutionalize me." (Okay those are just my thoughts, not my actual comments.)

I thought for a minute I might have to find a new doctor. So in short, pretty much no real running until October and then we will just have to see how things go from there.

0 comments: