Yesterday was a really tough day for the Martin household. You see for almost the past 13 years every time we came home or walked down the hall way or worked in the kitchen we had an extra companion to come do those things with us. Her name was Penny.
We found her at the animal shelter in April 2001. Rod and I prayed that he would bring us a dog that would be gentle with our children. She was beyond anything we could have ever imagined. She honestly was such a sweet, gentle, funny and wonderful dog. She wasn't perfect. As a puppy she chewed shoes, motorcycle helmets, bike helmets and a few stuffed animals; but she did so many more wonderful things than that she was easy to forgive. She often told on herself when she was naughty by putting her tail between her legs when she saw you coming. She made many miles up and down the road with me when I was still running. She was truly a great companion. It is funny I don't know how many times I have tripped over her in the middle of the night because she loved to lay in the doorways and hall. Oh to do that one more time. She will be so very missed in our family. Yes, she was a dog; but for 13 years she was also our family.


0 comments:
Post a Comment