Friday, February 12, 2010

Friends Make it Better

Yesterday morning I received a call that the tenant at the rental we own had passed away. That in and of it itself would not be that significant; but this tenant actually rented the house from my parents when I was in high school. When my mom passed away 12 years ago I told him he would be able to live in the house until he was ready to leave. That was his home and had been for probably 25 or more years. In addition, this was the last of the rental properties we had that were my parents. Now we will look to sell this one as well. So it feels like a piece of my life has passed on and reminds me how much I miss my parents.

Anyway, I was a little depressed yesterday just thinking about it. So my friend Shelley told me she might show up on my door step this morning. She did call at least before she showed up. Funny thing was the postman knocked around 10:00ish and I thought for a minute it was her:). We had a great day scrapbooking. Actually I scrapbooked and she organized. It is just nice to have someone that listens to my woes even if they seem a little crazy and in truth I can't even totally explain the sadness I feel.

Thanks Shelley. In addition to that, I also got Joshua's album finished for the year 2009.

4 comments:

Hi! I'm Rebecca said...

I can sympathize with your sadness Pam. After the mourning period I hope you have fond memories come flooding to you!

Valerie said...

I am glad she was able to help you to get thru a hard time. Hoping some joy comes with your memories!

HS Mom of 4 said...

Sometimes we can really be caught off guard by what will bring those memories flooding back. Glad Shelley was there to help you through it--and in such a fun and productive way!

Kimi said...

Some how I missed this post until tonight.. Wish I had seen it so I could have hugged you Wednesday ;) I think you are such a wonderful person and am so very blessed to call you friend!! **hugs**