Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Weekend and then some

This weekend was a busy one. Jerod played in the MAYB National Tourney this weekend. Remember last weekend when we beat everyone not so much this weekend. The competition was incredible. Those boys/men (some actually had small beards and well defined muscles) were very good. These are guys going into 8th grade. We got rocked every game and Jerod struggled cause he hates to lose. I think it was hard to realize that someone your age could be so incredible as well. The high was definitely getting to play with his cousin Trey from St. Louis. They really played well together and we are all plotting how to get him here for the regular b-ball season.

On Saturday, we headed to OKC after our morning loss to watch our niece play in the MAYB Nationals 9/10th grade girls tourney. They lost out as well. So we went back to the hotel. The kids swam in the pool and then we headed down on the river walk. We had dinner at Abuelos and the kids all got to go for a carriage ride. Thanks Papa and Grandma. Rod took pics with this phone but I don't have them yet. We got home at around 1:45 am Sunday morning.

We headed to NWCC for the youth service. It was great to see the kids and to see old friends.

Yesterday was back to school and Jerod's end of the year baseball party. I think I know why now I feel tired. Great few days though.

0 comments: